Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Real Christmas Tree...a New Tradition?


We found it!

Cutting it Down

Love Him!









It was my 31st birthday on Saturday and we went for the first time to find a real Christmas tree. Ryan asked me what I wanted for my birthday and told him that I wanted to go and do this as a family and have some quality time together. It was alot of fun and I appreciate Ryan's willingness to do this since he had to cut it down, strap it to the car, set up the tree stand and bring it into the house. I decorated it and water it:). We dropped Maci off at Grandpa and Grandma Roedema's and headed out to "Donalds" for breakfast so that Levi could have his "pamcakes".  Information about the  tree farm we went to is here : http://www.boschsnursery.com/
We found a "perfect tree". We rode on a horse carriage ride and Levi got to sit in front by the driver, had popcorn and watched our tree get shaken of its needles and bound up( Levi liked that part).  Santa was also there handing out candy and talking to the kids, Levi got some candy but was scared of Santa. After a morning of being out in the cold Levi fell asleep on the ride home.
Check out the article that was in Sunday edition of the Grand Rapids Press
about real vs. fake Christmas Trees here: http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2010/11/why_buying_christmas_trees_eve.html

1 comment:

The Schaab Family said...

so glad you went and had fun, Levi looked like he had a blast. Braden loved it as well, I think this outing is one of my favorite family traditions, hope you keep going year after year!