Monday, June 15, 2009

Certified Lactation Counselor

Three years ago I took a week long class and then a pretty intensive test with written and with speaking parts on breastfeeding to become a Lactation Counselor. Last week, I got my recertification for Lacatation Counselor or CLC. Check out this website for info on what is really means to have a lacatation certification www.talpp.org. I have been attending seminars, workshops and conferences on breastfeeding to get my recertification of my CLC. At my job and outside of work I really enjoy helping moms and babies with breastfeeding. It can be stressful believe me, I know that first hand, but the benefits and rewards of breastfeeding are awesome. Here are 101 reasons why to breastfeed. www.promom.org. Let me know if you have any questions.

No comments: