Monday, January 28, 2008

Infant Massage Class


This past summer I took a three day course to become certified to teach infant massage. The class was offered through the International Loving Touch Foundation. After finshing the class I took an exam, then to get my final certification I had to fulfill the practicum part of the course which was teaching infant massage to a group of mothers and babies. I did this in my home over the past month. Hopefully, in a few weeks after I get reevaulated I can be an known as certified infant massage instructor. It was alot of fun for both me and the students. There are alot of reasons for parents and baby to enjoy infant massage. A few of the benefits for baby are emotionally nourishing, strengthens and regulates baby's systems, helps with gas and colic, helps baby relax. Benefits for parents include better communication between infant, increases confidence and handling skills, helps parents relax. You can also check out the website http://www.lovingtouch.com/ for more information.

No comments: